Machine Learning - BCS Foundation Award
Award Winning, Online, Self-Study
Thinking about taking a course in machine learning?
The term “Machine Learning” has increased in popularity in the last decade and is a technology which is becoming more commonly used within many organisations. With its ability to help solve business problems and develop new customer experiences, there is now a greater demand for individuals with the knowledge and skills to support organisations to successfully implement the technology to deliver improvements.
The BCS Foundation Award in Machine Learning will enable you to understand these concepts at a foundation level, enabling you to be better informed and equipping them with knowledge which you can build upon through further study and application.
Online, self-study, global access to study in any country
Study time: 50 hours
Gain Industry Skills
Gain New Skills in Technology and Business
Job and Career Support
Learn Online - Study at home or work
Content Aligned to SFIAPlus IT Industry Framework
Globally Recognised BCS Certificate, letters AMBCS after your name
Free 1 year BCS Membership
0% Interest Free Payments
Get a Duco Digital Training Certificate
Subscribe for unlimited access to courses in artificial intelligence, machine learning and business subjects. Cancel at any time. Gain the skills you need to become a real professional, boost your confidence, and master the field.
Machine Learning - BCS Foundation Award
Course Subjects You Learn
- What is Machine Learning?
- Explain different applications of Machine Learning
- Describe the role of a Learning Agent
- Explain the concept of Deep Learning
- Describe the purpose of a Neural Network
- llustrate how Machine Learning compliments Knowledge-Based Systems
- Explain the process through which Machine Learning works with Data
- Explain the use of at least one coding language used in machine learning
- Identify common open source and proprietary software used in coding for Machine Learning
- Explain the use of mathematics in enabling a machine to solve numerical problems
- List and describe typical algorithms used in Machine Learning
- Describe Supervised, Unsupervised and Semi-Supervised Learning
- Describe a particular problem that can be addressed through the use of Machine Learning
- Outline typical tasks required in the preparation of data for developing a particular application of Machine Learning
- Explain the process of training a Machine Learning model
- Explain the process of testing a Machine Learning model
- Discuss how to evaluate the results of testing in order to identify the information to be shared
Study Easily Online with Duco Digital
Who is BCS?
With the Artificial Intelligence sector set to be worth over $15tn by 2030, this is a great time to learn about AI!
EMPLOYERS NEED AI SKILLS
Why should I take this course?
With the Artificial Intelligence sector set to be worth over $15tn by 2030, this is a great time to learn about AI.
This course is part of Duco Digital Training's subscription plan of BCS courses in technology and business subjects which you can study for an affordable monthly cost without the BCS exam and BCS certificate.
If you decide you would like to upgrade any of the courses in your subscription for a BCS exam to get the professional certificate, contact us and pay the difference or buy the course on it's own which includes the cost of the exam, and the BCS certificate when you pass.
Who is this course for?
Specifically, the following roles could benefit from this course (as well as good examples of career opportunities):
- Professional Research Managers
- Chief Technical Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- Organisational Change Practitioners and Managers
- Business Change Practitioners and Managers
- Service Architects and Managers
- Program and Planning Managers
- Service Provider Portfolio Strategists / Leads
- Process Architects and Managers
- Business Strategists and Consultants
- Web Page Developers.
- None - no experience or qualifications are needed.
- We recommend beginners to consult the reading list and explore recent news and case studies using AI in the sector they work in.
- You will not need to learn algebra, vector calculus or remember formulas for the exam.
- An internet connection with a mobile/tablet or laptop is required for course access.
- Access to a computer with a camera, Zoom and internet is required for the exam.
What Happens After I Enrol?
Don't just take our word for it
Meet our instructor
If you have any questions about choosing the right course for your career, please contact me.