Big Data - BCS Foundation Award
Award Winning, Online, Self-Study
Thinking about learning Big Data?
The BCS Foundation Award in Big Data teaches learners to understand how to manage Big Data and its use with Machine Learning.
Online, self-study, global access to study in any country
Study time: 40 hours
Gain Industry Skills
12 months course access
Job and Career Support
Learn Online - Study at home or work
Aligned to SFIAPlus
IT Industry Framework
Globally Recognised BCS Certificate
Free 1 year BCS Membership
0% Interest Free Payments
Exam & Certification Included
Gain the skills you need to become a real professional, boost your confidence, and master the field.
This course includes 'Pass Assist', a unique package of support to equip learners with knowledge and confidence to pass your BCS exam, including:
Big Data - BCS Foundation Award
Course Subjects You Learn
- Define Big Data
- Describe the difference between Data and Big Data
- Explain the different types of data structures and what can be included within each type
- Explain the need for a Big Data strategy
- Explain the need for a Big Data framework/network
- Identify Big Data frameworks and the benefits of using them
- Explain the need for data architecture
- Identify Big Data analytics
- Explain why data analytics is important
- Describe why Machine Learning needs Big Data
- Explain how Machine Learning uses Big Data
- Illustrate the challenges of Big Data.
Study Easily Online with Duco Digital
Who is BCS?
They have over 60,000 members in 150 countries, and a wider community of business leaders, educators, practitioners and policy-makers all committed to their mission of leading the IT industry through its ethical challenges, to support the people who work in the industry, and to make IT good for society.
With the Artificial Intelligence sector set to be worth over $15tn by 2030, this is a great time to learn about AI!
EMPLOYERS NEED AI SKILLS
Why should I take this course?
With the Artificial Intelligence sector set to be worth over $15tn by 2030, this is a great time to learn about AI.
Who is this course for?
Specifically, the following roles could benefit from this course (as well as good examples of career opportunities):
- Professional Research Managers
- Chief Technical Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- Organisational Change Practitioners and Managers
- Business Change Practitioners and Managers
- Service Architects and Managers
- Program and Planning Managers
- Service Provider Portfolio Strategists / Leads
- Process Architects and Managers
- Business Strategists and Consultants
- Web Page Developers.
- None - no experience or qualifications are needed.
- We recommend beginners to consult the reading list and explore recent news and case studies using AI in the sector they work in.
- You will not need to learn algebra, vector calculus or remember formulas for the exam.
- An internet connection with a mobile/tablet or laptop is required for course access.
- Access to a computer with a camera, Zoom and internet is required for the exam.
What Happens After I Enrol?
Don't just take our word for it
Meet our instructor
If you have any questions about choosing the right course for your career, please contact me.