How to Manage Risk - BCS Foundation Award
Award Winning, Online, Self-Study
Are you interested in learning more about risk management in your role to help choose a direction?
Risk is a feature of any business; it influences the decisions an organisation makes and the way in which it operates. Some organisations are more risk averse whereas others have a greater appetitite for risk depending on what they wish to achieve in the market and the level of insight they have that enable them to take risks.
Different functions of an organisation manage different types of risk including finance, health & safety and data in an IT department.
This award is designed for anyone wishing to gain an understanding of the principles of risk and how to manage it within an organisation. This includes understanding what risk is, identifying different types of risk, and how risk can be measured and assessed. It will consider the principles of risk management and how a clear reporting process can enable clear decisions to be made based on the information provided.
Online, self-study, global access to study in any country
Study time: 40 hours
Gain Industry Skills
Gain New Skills in Technology and Business
Includes 30 minute exam
Job and Career Support
Learn Online - Study at home or work
Content Aligned to SFIAPlus IT Industry Framework
Globally Recognised BCS Certificate, letters AMBCS after your name
Free 1 year BCS Membership
0% Interest Free Payments
Includes BCS Books
Get a Duco Digital Training Certificate
Gain the skills you need to become a real professional, boost your confidence, and master the field.
How to Manage Risk - BCS Foundation Award
Course Subjects You Learn
- Defining what risk is
- Analysing the risk
- Accurately measuring and documenting the risk
- Reporting on risk.
Study Easily Online with Duco Digital
Who is BCS?
With the Artificial Intelligence sector set to be worth over $15tn by 2030, this is a great time to learn about AI!
EMPLOYERS NEED SKILLS IN RISK MANAGEMENT
Why should I take this course?
77% of companies suffered operational surprises in the past 5 years due to unidentified risks. This means that a large number of businesses are not effectively managing their risks, which can lead to significant financial losses and other problems.
Who is this course for?
Specifically, the following roles could benefit from this course (as well as good examples of career opportunities):
- Risk Manager
- Compliance Manager
- IT Managers and Executives
- Consultants and Freelancers
- Project Managers
- Professional Research Managers
- Chief Technical Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- Organisational Change Practitioners and Managers
- Business Change Practitioners and Managers
- Service Architects and Managers
- Program and Planning Managers
- Service Provider Portfolio Strategists / Leads
- Process Architects and Managers
- Business Strategists and Consultants
- None - no experience or qualifications are needed.
- We recommend beginners to consult the reading list and explore recent news and case studies using AI in the sector they work in.
- You will not need to learn algebra, vector calculus or remember formulas for the exam.
- An internet connection with a mobile/tablet or laptop is required for course access.
- Access to a computer with a camera, Zoom and internet is required for the exam.
This means that a large number of businesses are not effectively managing their risks, which can lead to significant financial losses and other problems.
It also suggest there is a growing need for professionals with experience, knowledge and skills in risk management, particularly in sectors such as:
• Public organisations (Central and Local Government)
• Charities, NGOs
What Happens After I Enrol?
- Click on the enrolment email to gain access
- Access BCS digital book with code on email sent to you in around 5 working days
- Complete your study
- Book your BCS exam using the link in the BCS email sent to you 14 days after enrolment
- Take your exam
- Download your BCS certificate from your BCS exam account when you pass
- Access your free* 1-year BCS Associate membership from the link in your BCS exam account
- Create BCS professional profile, access further learning, build networks and access career tool with BCS membership
*New BCS members only
Don't just take our word for it
Meet our instructor
If you have any questions about choosing the right course for your career, please contact me.