Artificial Intelligence - BCS Foundation Certificate
Award Winning, Online, Self-Study
Thinking about learning more about Artificial Intelligence?
The BCS Foundation Certificate in Artificial Intelligence is the advanced version of our Essentials Course Artificial Intelligence and includes more detail and insights about algebraic equations, vector calculus and schematics used in artificial intelligence and machine learning for you to learn how this new technology works.
You are not required to memorise or learn algebra just understand how it works.
Online, self-study, global access to study in any country
Study time: 40 hours
Gain Industry Skills
12 months course access
Job and Career Support
Learn Online - Study at home or work
Aligned to SFIAPlus
IT Industry Framework
Globally Recognised BCS Certificate
Free 1 year BCS Membership
0% Interest Free Payments
Includes BCS Book
Exam & Certification Included
Gain the skills you need to become a real professional, boost your confidence, and master the field.
This course includes 'Pass Assist', a unique package of support to equip learners with knowledge and confidence to pass your BCS exam, including:
BCS Foundation Certificate in Artificial Intelligence
Course Subjects You Learn
- Recall the general definition of Human and Artificial Intelligence
- Describe the concept of intelligent agents
- Describe a modern approach to Human logical levels of thinking using Robert Dilt’s Model
- Describe what are Ethics and Trustworthy AI
- Describe the three fundamental areas of sustainability and the United Nation’s seventeen sustainability goals
- Describe how AI is part of ‘Universal Design,’ and ‘The Fourth Industrial Revolution’
- Understand that ML is a significant contribution to the growth of Artificial Intelligence.
- Describe ‘learning from experience’ and how it relates to Machine Learning (ML) (Tom Mitchell’s explicit definition).
- List the four rational agent dependencies.
- Describe agents in terms of performance measure, environment, actuators and sensors.
- Describe four types of agent: reflex, model-based reflex, goal-based and utility based
- Identify the relationship of AI agents with Machine Learning (ML)
- Describe robotic paradigms
- Relate intelligent robotics to intelligent agents
- Describe how sustainability relates to human-centric ethical AI and how our values will drive our use of AI will change humans, society and organisations.
- Explain the benefits of Artificial Intelligence
- Describe the challenges of Artificial Intelligence
- Demonstrate understanding of the risks of an AI project
- List opportunities for AI
- Identify a typical funding source for AI projects and relate to the NASA Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs)
- Describe how we learn from data - functionality, software and hardware
- Recall which typical, narrow AI capability is useful in ML and AI agents’ functionality
- Demonstrate an understanding that Artificial Intelligence (in particular, Machine Learning) will drive humans and machines to work together
- List future directions of humans and machines working together
- Describe a ‘learning from experience’ Agile approach to projects.
Study Easily Online with Duco Digital
Who is BCS?
They have over 60,000 members in 150 countries, and a wider community of business leaders, educators, practitioners and policy-makers all committed to their mission of leading the IT industry through its ethical challenges, to support the people who work in the industry, and to make IT good for society.
With the Artificial Intelligence sector set to be worth over $15tn by 2030, this is a great time to learn about AI!
EMPLOYERS NEED AI SKILLS
Why should I take this course?
With the Artificial Intelligence sector set to be worth over $15tn by 2030, this is a great time to learn about AI.
Who is this course for?
Specifically, the following roles could benefit from this course (as well as good examples of career opportunities):
- Professional Research Managers
- Chief Technical Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- Organisational Change Practitioners and Managers
- Business Change Practitioners and Managers
- Service Architects and Managers
- Program and Planning Managers
- Service Provider Portfolio Strategists / Leads
- Process Architects and Managers
- Business Strategists and Consultants
- Web Page Developers.
- None - no experience or qualifications are needed.
- We recommend beginners to consult the reading list and explore recent news and case studies using AI in the sector they work in.
- You will not need to learn algebra, vector calculus or remember formulas for the exam.
- An internet connection with a mobile/tablet or laptop is required.
What Happens After I Enrol?
- Click on the enrolment email to gain access
- Access BCS digital book with code on email sent to you in around 5 working days
- Complete your study
- Book your BCS exam using the link in the BCS email sent to you 14 days after enrolment
- Take your exam
- Download your BCS certificate from your BCS exam account when you pass
- Access your free* 1-year BCS Associate membership from the link in your BCS exam account
- Create BCS professional profile, access further learning, build networks and access career tool with BCS membership
*New BCS members only
Don't just take our word for it
Meet our instructor
If you have any questions about choosing the right course for your career, please contact me.